Monday, December 19, 2011

Friends or Facebook?


Frankly. what do we know about friends?


I used to have so many friends, but only a few were able to click with me, yeah, we had the chemistry.


During that time, i see them almost everyday, talk to them, walk with them, smile and laugh with them, and i thought, woah, they are the best friends i could ever have, this was during my secondary school. But the fact is, since we have left school, and further our study, our relationship also got further, we dont text each other anymore, we dont call each other anymore, what's left is just adding a name in the friendlist in facebook. I'd be lucky if some of the still remember my birthday and text me.


And during my national service, this is worse, i guess people do need friends anywhere they go. I am. I met some friends and soon, they became my best friends. Since it is national service, we went through so many things together, that i dont even able to believe that i have done all those nonsense training. We quarreled, we laughed, we were scolded and punished together, ran together, walked in the rain together, we did almost everything together, including going to toilet at night, as we are afraid of ghosts, told by the trainers in national service, maybe they just want to scare us, so that we dont go out at night. Go back to the point, the thing is, when they left after finishing the training, my heart sank and i felt terrible, i cried for a day, seriously. But now, they are just labeled as acquaintances in facebook. It's funny,isn't it?


Till now, in IPG, i met new people again, and i found THEM..Yeah, my new friends, well, it's been two years and a half, not so new anymore. We are experiencing a lot of things together, and though we had misunderstanding, fight, we still standby each other when things dont go our way. And honestly, through the obstacles that we went through, we know each other better. Well, i hope that after we graduated, they will not only be the names in my facebook friendlist. I guess not.


So, now, something for us to reflect. Does facebook really help in socialization and relationship? Where everyone has hundreds, and even thousands of friends in facebook, yet, knowing only a few of them, and a lot of acquaintances. worser, a lot of them are unknown, just added you because you have mutual friends. If it's like this, why dont you just create a fan page for them. sigh~ so, guys, reflect and go to find real friends in real life, not in facebook, it's because of facebook that i stop contacting my friends, since i think it's so convenient that i can see them each day in facebook. And in fact, it's too convenient that i dont even try to chat with them, as their names show everytime i log in facebook. i was thinking that they are always here, i dont need to find them now, i will have the time. but our friendship got further, and further.

No comments:

Post a Comment